edited January 2020 in ORK Support
Hello, Everyone. So, I've spent the last 5 weeks or so in Blender and didn't realize I'd need to ask this question. Until I made a ladder today. I've been trying to climb said ladder for about 90 minutes. I'm using the event system and basically it's:

Trigger Enter, Waypoint 0 defined in the event inspector.

I've used a few different ways in the event that seemed legit, but the way closest to working was:

When activated:
Play Combatant Animation Climb
Change Position Waypoint 0
(I tried mounting the ladder as well
once or twice)

I didn't bother adding the stop animation and the rest. I was just trying to get the climb to work. I know coding it can be a pain from what I've seen, so I was hoping someone had a working way to do it with the event system. It seemed like the collider on my ladder was interfering with the animation, but it wasn't. Also tried to just cheat it for testing my assets and level by just changing position immediately, but it stutters and doesn't always go to Waypoint 0 (stays at the starting position). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: I didn't have my created meshes set to readable. Oops.
Post edited by Sierota1701 on
  • Also, don't forget to also block the player controls while climbing, and if you're having animation issues, disable the auto animations (using an Auto Animation node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks @gamingislove! Disabling auto animation made it really nice!