edited January 2020 in ORK Support
Hey all,

I'm slowly working my way through the tutorial in a demo project and I replaced the player character (combatant) with a SyncStudio character, but the character is floating 1 unit above where it should be. When I pause the game, I noticed the "Character Controller component" needs to have its center at 0,1,0 instead of 0,0,0. Once I manually change this, then the character correctly falls to the ground and everything works fine. However, I can't figure where in the ORK Framework settings to find how to change this for the default player. This doesn't happen with NPCs placed in the scene - they are all correctly placed on the ground.

Other question, if I start building my game using the Sample framework and eventually get to the point where I buy the real Framework - will I be able to save my current settings and just swap the sample for the new framework? How does switching/upgrading versions work? Does everything get migrated to newest format/settings?

thanks
Post edited by Shurijo on
  • edited January 2020
    That's most likely due to using one of the built-in player controls. They require a Character Controller component and will add it automatically if it's not already attached to the player - in most cases controller will not match the prefab, so it's best to add it to your player's prefab and adjust it there.

You can switch from the free test version to the full version (or back) at any point. The full version will just replace the DLL files of the free version, leaving all your settings in ORK and your scenes intact. I'd recommend making a backup of your Unity project first, though, as there's always a (very low) chance that importing might go wrong :)
    Also, upgrading to new versions works this way - old data will be upgraded automatically. You can't downgrade to previous versions.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yep. That fixed it. Thanks!

So in general, if a component exists on a prefab the ORK framework will use that component rather than creating its own? So that's how I'd override any default ORK configurations?
  • edited January 2020
    Pretty much - ORK usually first checks if a component is already available and uses that, otherwise adds a new one.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!