If I create a shortcut skillbar then I can, in the control maps settings, define target settings for each slot in the skillbar. For example if it should be auto target or if the mouse needs to be on the target to be able to use that hotkey etc... so far so good.

BUT when I drag abilities into a slot I want the ability to define what kind of target settings I have there, not the skillbarslot. For example: it might be fine to have a target requirement for, let's say a fireball, but if I put a AOE spell in there which I want the player to be able to cast anytime, even without a target then the shortcut needs to allow that.

How can I change the target settings depending on which ability is in that skillbar slot?
  • Yeah, that's something that needs to be improved, will look into it.

Generally, if you set up your control map key with the standard settings (i.e. group/individual target enabled, maybe enable Prioritize Raycast as well) and not enable the other target settings, it should work fine for most cases.
    I.e. None target actions would either be just used or starting the raycast targetting, others would use group/individual targets (if they are available) and otherwise start the regular target selection.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!