edited March 2020 in ORK Support
Probably another simple issue that I'm not seeing the solution to but I've been trying to get it to work for a day or so and I gave up.
Okay, so 'Evil Pants' uses the hunt move AI, I haven't enabled battle AI. I then equipped him with an ability that enables a battle event that changes his move AI to Flee after a wait of 1. When entering battle Evil Pants just sits there and does nothing.

I tried setting it up through battle AI and he still wouldn't flee. I tested the flee behavior as his default and he flees fine. He just won't change in battle and I can't figure out why. He isn't being blocked by his battle event as blocking is disabled. I tried removing his target and then having him flee but again he just stands there. What am I getting wrong?

The event steps I am using are Wait: 1 > Change Move AI: Flee

Thanks

-Edit-
So, I got fleeing to work in a sense. Basically he will now flee, sometimes he'll just keep going. When I restart he'll flee for about a second and stops if he sees me and repeats and it changes like that a lot, no idea why he won't just flee for the given amount of time in the move AI.
Post edited by n00bster on
  • The combatant's actions probably interfere with it - just because the move AI is fleeing doesn't stop the battle AI from using actions. E.g. if it uses an ability out of range, it'll (depending on your setup) use the move AI to move within use range.
    You can e.g. use a Check Move AI Flee node in your battle AI and use a None action (to do nothing) if it succeeds.

Also, make sure the move AI is allowed during battle (for combatants that are in battle). Settings can be found in the battle system type you're using.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I set up the battle AI like this. I tried both the flee steps that were possible.

I made sure the battle system allowed move AI. I tried disabling the range and changing it from 50.

He still acts the same. His default move behavior is hunting and it looks like he mostly reverts to that after a second of fleeing. When loading up the scene sometimes he will just continuously flee and other times he will just follow the player.
  • Hm, well, you're changing the used move AI of the combatant, how's the Flee move AI set up?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!