First, I didn't change anything except updating the ORK from 2.27 to 2.28. Everything works in 2.27 but throws an exception in 2.28.

1)
The Move Event is called in another Game Event and uses a found object as Used Object. Then in the Move Event it calls a method in a script which is bound with the found object. But it throws an exception says the GameObject has been destroyed.

I tried to print the actor's name in the Move Event and it's null (an empty line in console). I'm sure that the found object is correct because I did other staffs with it in the Game Event.

2)
My music has two loops.
Loop 0: check at 0s and set to 0.5s
Loop 1: check at 10s and set to 6s

When Loop 1 finishes, it seems that it restarts from Loop 0, which will set the time to 0.5s?
If it works like this, I would say it's wrong. Because it never reaches the check point of Loop 0 after finishing Loop 1.

Btw, where to set the color of text of button? I didn't find it in the Editor Settings.
In unity dark theme, the button is dark and the text is black. It's hard to read. I remember it's not like this in 2.27.
  • 1) How's the found object selected?

2) Will do some tests.
    So, loop 1 finishes (i.e. plays until the end of the clip), restarts the music from 0 and loop 0 doesn't set it to 0.5s?

I'll look into the button color - for which buttons it this, the selection buttons (e.g. for selecting sections/sub-sections) or regular buttons (e.g. 'Add Loop' in music)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 2) Tested it and I see the issue - since loop 1 is done, it starts loop 0 again, which immediately sets to 0.5 since the 0 second mark was long passed.
    You basically have to add another loop that loops from the end (or near the end) back to the start. I'll add an option in the next update to be able to add a final loop that plays until the end and restarts from 0.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1)
    Battle Start Event: Search game object by tag and store to Object Key A -> Call Global Event(share variables, selected data and found objects) -> Call Move Event(share all things and set Used Objects to Found Objects A)

Global Event: change scene -> Spawn a prefab and Add to A

Move Event: Call Function (Target is Moving Object and the function is in the script bound with the Spawned prefab)

The Function does not run. The exception says there is no game object. I tried to print the name of the Moving object, and it was an empty line.

These events work in 2.27 btw.

2)
    Well, I forgot to write my request.

I thought the music loop works like:
    for a loop sets from 10s to 5s, the music will jump to 5s every time it reaches 10s

I set the music like the settings in the top post in ORK2.27 and it work fine.

So I need the final loop to be looping forever.
  • 1) I'll do some tests.

2) A loop happens only once and moves on to the next loop, i.e. once it reaches 10s and sets back to 5s, it'll move on to the next loop, or if it's the last in the list, back to the 1st loop.
    I.e. a continuing loop would only work if there is only 1 loop set up.

I'll look into an option to have a loop ... loop :D
  • My Loop 0 is just used to skip a very short blank period at the beginning of the music. Of course I can use some audio tools to cut that period. But with this way, I need to do this for all music. That will be a lot of work to do.

It's not necessary to make a loop loop. Other way is let us set which time point the music will start.
  • ORK 2.28.1 is here and should fix both of your issues.

1) Generally, this is due to adding something to the found objects and changing scenes afterwards, which leaves a destroyed game object in the list. The update will make sure that doesn't cause an error, but you still add something to the list that'll be destroyed before it's used :)

2) There's a new option to Keep Looping in music loops.
  • OK, Thanks