I did the Mecanim Animations chapter of the tutorial.
However, the animation does not play and does not move during the battle.
By the way, I am using a non-human model.
Motion can be played in the test play of the animation controller.
In the animation item of the base control of the ORK framework,
”Mecanim doesnt report any animation durations.
make sure to define a duration or the name of the animation clip for this animation to be able to use Wait options when using it. ”
I am getting the error.
Please teach so that the animation can be played in the game.
  • It's not really an error, it's an important information regarding Mecanim animations :)

Basically, if you want to use the Wait option in animation nodes (e.g. for animating your attacks), you need to either define a time in the animation setup in ORK, or define the name of the underlying animation clip so that ORK can find the animation and it's duration.

Otherwise, if you use a Combatant Animation node that should wait for the animation to finish, the node will continue immediately without waiting due to no wait time being reported back.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm sorry for my lack of understanding.
    How can I set it up as you answered earlier?
    I set the Duration Type of Mecanim Animation to Animation Clip, and set the name of the animation clip as it is the name of the animation clip I made.
    Transition Duration is set to 0.8.
    However, when tested, my model didn't move at all while on the move or in combat.
  • Is your combatant not animated at all, or are just some animations not working?

If no animations are played, make sure that the combatant's animation settings are correct, e.g. using Mecanim system type and the correct animation setup you defined in ORK.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • combatant does not play any animation at all.
    I have set the combatants animation settings (system type) and Animations correctly.
    I also set the Animations of Base / Control according to the tutorial.
    However, it doesn't move at all in battle or on the move.
    Can I pay for help and get a closer look at my project files with images and assets?
  • Try enabling Use Position Change in the combatant's Animation & Movement > Movement Settings.

If that doesn't play movement animations, send me the project, e.g. zip it up and upload it on dropbox, etc. - send me the link to contact@orkframework.com. No need to pay for that :)
  • edited July 2021
    Project file↓
    Edit by @gamingislove: Please don't post links to your projects, only send them to me via email or PM.

Before you look at the file, I would like to ask you a few things.

1 This time, I would like to help the animation of the original model "balna" that I made to be executed. (Idling, attack, damage only)
    So, if you don't need files other than balna, you don't have to check them.
    The balna model and animation controller are in the balna folder in the prefabs folder.
    It is a model with a fish fin attached to a balloon with a hole.

2 The project has a mixture of Japanese (because I am Japanese), and the settings are different from the tutorial in order to get closer to my game.
    There are some parts that are not clear, so if you have any questions or are confused, please ask.

3 Mainly different from the tutorial
    ・ I'm replacing brown pants with my own model
    -The blue pants that will be your companion are the self-made model "balna" that you will see this time.
    ・ I have replaced the field with my own model (please note that it is difficult to see where the battle scene begins. The point at which the battle begins is
    It is near the place where there is a round object "Savepoint" on the far left side of the vertical church. The other is because there is a spawn point on the back door of the church)
    From there, move on to the next scene and move to a Japanese-style building. An event item in brown pants down the stairs,
    There is an object of pants. Beyond that, there are battle points with three enemies.
    -The number of battles and the type of enemy prefabs have changed. Also, because my settings are incorrect, the battle command frame is smaller.
    I'll fix this later myself. I feel bad.
    ・ It is set to fly to another scene when it comes to battle. Also, the character is set not to move. The camera is fixed.
    (I would like to set it so that it can handle idling and damage on the spot without moving.)
    ・ Brown pants, blue pants, and item textures are peeled off.
    ・ When moving, I try not to follow my friends(balna).
    * Balna has not yet attached motion clips other than idling, attack, and damage. So except for these three animations
    It doesn't have to be played.

4 Regarding test play

As soon as you select from the beginning, you will find blue pants with peeled texture on the left side. Talk to him and the event will start
    Please proceed to the back door. As I wrote above, there is a battle start point, so if it is troublesome, please detour to the right.
    When you enter the door, you will enter the next scene. Take the pink box as it will be the event item pants.
    Please note that if you go too far, the battle will start and you will not be able to test the battle scene later.
    Take your pants and go back to your blue pants and talk to them to make friends. Then, at the above battle points, in the battle scene
    Try a test.

If you select from the continuation, it will start with blue pants (balna) as a companion. Test at the above battle points as it is
    please do it.

5 animation controller
    The animation controller is named New Animation Controller2.

If you have any other questions, please ask.
    I'm sorry that it is complicated in various ways.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I'll check it out, but please don't post links to your Unity projects in the forum. You're potentially distributing ORK's full version through this.
  • really sorry
    I will be careful after that
  • I solved myself.
    Apparently with the parameter name of the animation controller
    It was caused by a mismatch in the parameter names of the mecanim animation of the base control.
    Also, when I drag and drop the model into the hierarchy and reload it, the animation now plays.
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience.