I have a question.
I want to set a motion when using an ability, what should I do?
  • Can you give a bit more details on what you want to do?
    Do you mean playing an animation or moving the combatant to a new position, or something else?

All of that would be covered in the game tutorials, e.g. setting up battle events for the base attack.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This is the combatant's motion when the attack technique I made (for example, recovery technique, attack technique that lowers the ability value) is issued during battle instead of the basic attack.
  • Yeah, but what do you mean by motion are you trying to move the combatant/user or want to play an animation?
    Maybe post a screenshot of the schematic you're using for the ability.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J3uvY_rSErCM4Up7QWAKfdzlQRK9XkY/view?usp=drivesdk
    I want the animation to be played when the main character makes an attack movement toward the enemy at the moment of using the attack technique included in the ability of the red arrow.
  • The link doesn't work.

If you're using auto animations to animate idle/movement, it's most likely interfering with playing your animation before movement. Which animation system are you using?
    E.g. using the legacy animation system it'd be enough to have the animation you want to play on a higher layer than the idle/movement animations.

You can also enable/disable auto animations via the Auto Animation node, e.g. disable auto animations before playing the animation and moving and enable it afterwards.
  • sorry
    I didn't really understand how to link when posting a message.
    I wanted to run a mecanim animation on my model.
    From the battle menu during battle, techniques (for example, small heal in the tutorial)
    I want the animation to be executed when making an attack other than a normal attack.
  • Well, you need to do it like in the tutorials - i.e. set up a battle event that plays your animation and does the things you want to do.
    Either set up the animation like in the tutorials (i.e. via Base/Control > Animation Types/Animations) and play it via a Combatant Animation node or directly play an animation via the Mecanim Animation node.