I am currently working on a crafting system that I've made with ORK Framework. I used the Event Interaction with a 'crafting' event to open it. Now I need to call it with a Button from Unity. I made everything exact the same as on this link: http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/using-the-new-ui/, but that is not working at all. We've tried several ways and only autostart seems to work. The button doesn't do anything at all.

Now, how can I fix this? I am currently using the version 2.28.1 of Ork Framework.

Thank you in advance
  • Can you give a bit more information on your setup?

Generally, when you set up a UI interaction, the event interaction is best added to the button.
    E.g. if it's somewhere in the scene and the button is spawned as part of a UI via prefabs, that connection to the event in the scene isn't available.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I created my button in a canvas of my scene. On the button is the component Event interaction set to UI. In the onclick() is the Button as Object and set with EventInteraction.UIStart. All like said in the UI Interaction link.
  • Hm, sounds about right - do you get any message in the Unity console?

Since you're on ORK 2.28.1, it might be an old issue that's already fixed. You could try this setup with the latest version ORK 2.34.0.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi gamingislove,

Thank you so much for your replies, and for all the work you do on Ork Framework. Great respect. I work with the person who asked the above question, and we figured out the problem. The event interaction doesn't work when our game is in pause mode, which is the only time we can use the mouse to click a button. Apparently we turn something off in pause mode, that makes event interactions not go off. We'll figure out what it is. But it's not a bug, so as far as the question here on the forum goes, the problem is solved.
  • Ah, yeah ... interactions don't work when the game is paused - but you can enable In Blocked Control to allow it to execute when the player control is blocked, that might work.
  • Yep, that did the trick, we turned off block control in the appropriate menu. Thank you so much!