I am trying to build a shop in a 2D game and every time I interact with it, I get this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramework.Shop.ShopScreen.Register () (at <7269fa06b8c047ea90de15f41f29ebac>:0)
ORKFramework.Shop.ShopScreen..ctor (ORKFramework.Events.IEventStarter starter, System.Int32 shopID, System.String shopSceneID, System.Int32 factionID) (at <7269fa06b8c047ea90de15f41f29ebac>:0)
ORKFramework.InventoryAccessHandler.OpenShop (ORKFramework.Events.IEventStarter starter, System.Int32 shopID, System.String shopSceneID, System.Int32 factionID) (at <7269fa06b8c047ea90de15f41f29ebac>:0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.ShopInteraction.StartEvent (UnityEngine.GameObject startingObject) (at <7269fa06b8c047ea90de15f41f29ebac>:0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.KeyPress () (at <7269fa06b8c047ea90de15f41f29ebac>:0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.Update () (at <7269fa06b8c047ea90de15f41f29ebac>:0)

I've been through all the tutorials can't seem to find what i am missing or forgetting

• The only way I see this error happening is when you don't have any combatant in the player's group - i.e. you don't have a player added.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • got that problem sorted out but now when i use the shop nothing happens game just freezes, no menus open, can not exit and no errors in the console
  • Can you give some details about your shop and shop layout?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • its the same setup from the tutorials just placed on a 2d square
  • I assume you also have the rest set up, GUI boxes, items, etc.?

Hm, strange - which GUI system are you using, legacy (like in the tutorial) or new UI?
  • Legacy, I used all the setting in tutorials for all GUI boxes, even used the completed project to make sure i did not skip something. Right now the Area objects don't trigger on a 2d grid, shop doesn't open at all, ESC menu works until you click on one of the boxes (inventory, skills, quests)

I tested the completed project to see if it was the version of unity I am using causing these errors, but it works without issue
  • Could you send me a small Unity test project where this happens to contact@orkframework.com?
    You can drastically reduce the size by deleting the Library folder from the Unity project. E.g. upload it to dropbox or something like that and send me the link.
  • Been a couple of weeks since I emailed you my project, any luck finding what's wrong? I still can't shops or areas to work in 2D, just about to give up.
  • Sorry about that, kinda swamped in work currently :)

Looked into your project - the shop itself is actually working, but interacting with it is not due to your somewhat wonky setup.

You actually use a game object in the scene, controlled via Makinom machines to move around, so that's not the ORK player (which tries to spawn, but can't due to not having a spawn point in the scene). Also, you seem to mix 2D and 3D components.