edited December 2021 in ORK Support
Hello,

I'm having a little problem with the damage dealer / damage zone.
I followed the tutorial well but it seems that in my case some info is missing for the damage system to work.I have the impression that the damage zone and the damage dealer are going to places where the collision does not 'is not possible and I would have liked to know if people have tips for choosing where to place these 2 elements.
I chose
trigger enter and I activated the collider in the mesh / I do the tests with my own character as attacker and characters from the tutorial folder for enemies.
I'm trying to configure the scene for real-time combat as a path of exile(no pause or menu to use action).
The only odd one is that the damage dealer tag is on the prefab (weapon) but when the game starts a clone of this prefab is created but it does not contain a tag (see photos)

Post edited by omeegaa on
  • Hm, that's strange with the missing tag - make sure you're using the correct prefab (with the tags) in your weapon's settings. I'm often wondering why stuff doesn't work, only to discover (after countless tries) that I'm using the wrong asset ...

Other than that - make sure the damage dealer gets actually activated, either via auto activation of the event nodes.
    In any case, the damage dealer needs enough time to do damage, i.e. a wait time between activation and deactivation has to be somewhere in the battle events animating the action.

If you're using Mecanim animation, it might be the issue that they don't automatically report their play times. You have to set that up in their animation setup in ORK.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2021
    Ok I've already check the prefab ,I'am using mecanim so can it be the problem itself?
    Oherwise I've the damage dealer active via(nomally) through tag + node in the Attack animation with some waiting time(0.5sec).
    I Will recheck later tonight ,probably something with the animation or probably something dumb ^^
    Are you planning to add a menu screens editor?
    Is that normal my wepon or my player get the "(clone)" after their name?Don't feel right to me.
  • edited December 2021
    I've solved the problem with the tag and checked these:
    -duration type in base/control>animation set to animationClip so the report must be ok.
    -tried with istrigger false and true with every prefab+mesh(player+ennemy)
    -rechecked the prefab and this is the good one(name is very specific)
    -rechecked the prefab used as player too
    -rechecked the battle event "nocalculation" created with the tutorial.
    -tried to use the ability with and without target selection(selection is not visible)

I let you some screenshots in case something is wrong.
    https://ibb.co/y8hwyYG
    https://ibb.co/B3vKWNr
    https://ibb.co/ZSRJJdv
  • edited December 2021
    The (Clone) being added is normla - that's Unity instantiating prefabs. ORK has options for that, though. Combatants can automatically set their game object to their name (Set Object Name setting), weapon/armor prefabs for equipment viewers can optionally set the name (Viewer Name), e.g. to have a weapon prefab on an equipment viewer always be named 'weapon'.

So, your issue is solved?
    Screenshots look good to me, though that also depends on the Mecanim/animator controller setup :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello,

No its not solved andit bothering me a lot because no damage= no game

There is the screenshoot of the animator controller:

https://ibb.co/KXv3TWB
  • If the Attack state's animation clip is also named Attack, that should be able to get the duration for the animation.

Does the ability that's activating the damage dealer (via the battle events) the tag added to it's Damage Dealer Settings?

If yes, it'd probably be faster if you can send me a Unity test project with your setup to check out.
  • Thanks for the project, I was able to see what's wrong with the setup.

You have 2 damage dealers on the player - which is generally possible, but would do double damage if they where set up correctly.

The 1st damage dealer is on the player's prefab (on the equipment viewer for the weapon), overall set up correctly, but not enabled for Real Time Battles, so it doesn't auto activate in your real time battle.

The 2nd damage dealer is on your weapon, while the damage dealer itself is set up correctly, the Mesh Collider has Is Trigger disabled, so the Trigger Enter of the activated damage dealer is never used.

So, to fix dealer 1, enable Real Time Battles in it's damage settings. To fix dealer 2, enable Is Trigger in the Mesh Collider.
    I'd also recommend to remove one of the damage dealers, so either have them only on weapons or on the player prefab - as said, having 2 damage dealers will cause damage twice.
  • Yep that's work now ! It was about the name of the clip itself,I just forgot to re activate the is trigger after my test