edited December 2021 in ORK Support
Hello,

I would like to know the difference between content boxes and tabs because I am creating a menu (tutorial done) but presented differently than in the tutorial.
Basically a screen which serves as a fixed base where the buttons are located to change menus then the 8 / 10th screen below these buttons the screen changes depending on the menu.
For the moment when I click on the piece of the menu (content box with icons representing the objects of the inventory), these buttons to choose the menu disappear and reappear if I click outside the content box (always inventory) and to in turn, the content box disappears but the icons remain visible.
I saw a topic on this forum where someone made a nice menu and only talks about tabs, so I'm trying to understand this strange behavior of box content
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • Stuff disappearing is probably due to Inactive Colors settings - the default can be found in Menus > Menu Settings > Default GUI Box Settings > Default Inactive Colors, each GUI box can optionally override it with custom settings.

Inactive colors are used to tint a (controlable) GUI box that's not focused to make it visually 'unfocused). If the color has low or no alpha value, that'd basically make the box disappear. Icons not being affected is a legacy GUI quirk ...

Anyway - some of ORK's menu screen parts (e.g. Inventory) can display some content as tab buttons. E.g. staying with the Inventory menu part, you can show the item types either in a separate GUI box or as tab buttons in the item lists's box.

Otherwise, you can also use a Menu List part to switch between menus, so the menu list (using it's own GUI box) can work as tab buttons, displaying different menu screens.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • As you figured out I try to set an icon inventory and If I understand correctly ,its better to set tabs with an item list?

This is what I am trying to do(need more practice),Using a fixed Global(always open) menu screen with the buttons matching the menu displaying the right menu(character,skilltree,inventory etc) on click.

In the way I've designed it ,the top part of the player's screen(with the button displaying the right menu on click) won't move at all but underneath the informations changesto match the right menu screen.

I will try few more days and if I struggle too much I will ask for more infos ;)
    Thanks for this tool by the way.It is complex to understand but at least possibilities seems close to infinite :D
  • For such a setup, it's best to use the Menu List part for the buttons/tabs to switch menus and individual menu screens that are called by it. Use all of them with Single Screen disabled.

E.g. set up multiple menu screens:
    - screen 1: the Menu List part is added, this is the screen you call
    - screen 2: Inventory part
    - screen 3: Ability part
    - etc.

The Menu List adds all the other screens via buttons, opening/closing them as you switch menus using the buttons.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks I will proceed this way !
  • Works perfectly fine ;) thanks !