Hey Gil - just a quick question which drives me crazy.

At some point in the Tutorial series it worked - but now somehow it doesnt and i cant figure out where the mistake is - it must be some checkbox which i enabled/disabled but i cant figure out where.

When i press F1 to display the HUDs - the overview window (top right box) is only displaying the empty button and the list - the namings of the lists are not visible anymore. Like inventory, equipement, abilities etc.. I can still select them and everything else works fine. Just the names are not displayed... I checked it with your tutorial file but i dont see any difference i made...?!

Maybe you can give me some advice where i have to search for the mistake.

Sorry for such a stupid question.

Thanks in advance.
  • Sounds like your input prefabs are missing or not set up correctly, check the following:
    - are the input prefabs selected (UI > UI System)
    - are the input prefabs set up correctly (components, etc.)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove

unfortuantly everything is the same as in your tutorial file.
    Also the buttons work proper in the start menu and center menu boxes... only in this upper right box when i press F1 its not working...

Its no deal breaker right now... but its just annoying because i cant find the issue ;)
  • Hmmm .... I can only make wild guesses without seeing your setup.
    Check the menu screen's setup, maybe you added a 2nd Button List part without any buttons by mistake?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!