edited February 2022 in ORK Support
Ok, so I made a basic HUD to show information, i.e. an int variable value. This part works.
I then made a global machine that would set the int to a different value every 1 second using waits.
The schematic works and it begins counting. However, this is when the issue happens. It counts 0, 1, 2, and then when it gets to 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 the value vanishes, the HUD is still active tho. The value then appears again at 10, 11, 12, and then when it gets to 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, it vanishes, then the value appears again at 20.

I'm not sure if this is a bug? I assume it is. I haven't tried with floats.
Using the latest version of Ork3
It happens in normal dialogue boxes too.

Edit: I'm also not adding 1 to the int every second. I'm using set. So set 1, wait, set 2, wait, set 3, wait, set 4, and so on up to 23.
Tried using floats and it does the same thing.
Post edited by n00bster on
  • Sounds like an issue with your UI setup - either the font you use doesn't support 3, 4, 5, etc., or the text is being wrapped and displayed somewhere it's cut off.

I don't really think there's a font that doesn't support those numbers, so I'd check the TextMeshPro component displaying the text, maybe try disabling wrapping.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, you were right. It was an issue with the font. I was using the default font that came with TMP and for some reason, it just wouldn't display those numbers. I switched to the one that came with your tutorial assets(FFFFORWA SDF) and the HUD displayed the value correctly.

Just purchased Ork3 and recently switched over to it from Ork2, so I've never really bothered trying TMP out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks for solving my headache.