I'm using a real time battle system and I have the "can auto attack" check box disabled however my combatant spider, with no battle AI component attached, will use its base attack when within range (3 world units). I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding what an auto attack is and also how can I get around this. Any help much appreciated.
  • I suppose I am just misunderstanding the purpose of the base attack. It looks like for my purposes I want my base attack to be an ability instead.
  • I had the same issue a while back. If there's no AI attached, then the combatant will use their basic attack still. To prevent that happening, create an AI that does nothing and assign that instead of leaving it empty.
  • When in battle, combatants decide their actions based on their battle AI - if no battle AI is added or the battle AI didn'f ind a useable action, the combatant falls back to using the base attack.

To prevent that, set up a simple battle AI that uses the None action node and use that battle AI as the last battle AI of the combatant (or for all combatants in the general settings).

The auto attack is something different and more intended for the other battle systems. It uses a defined action (e.g. the base attack) automatically every X seconds without messing with the battle's order (e.g. the turn order in turn based battles). Player and AI combatants can still use other actions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!