I'm trying to add an item collector to a chest prefab that is set to interact. I cant get it to activate. I tried putting an interaction controller on my player and messed with the settings but it always says there are 0 interactions available. Am I doing this right? I'm using custom player controls and both the regular input system and the unity input system extension in my game.

Any help appreciated.
  • Well I solved the problem by instead changing the interact type from interact to key press. Now it works just fine
  • The interaction controller detecting interactions is based on Unity physics, i.e. it needs to be able to detect things entering it's trigger collider. Depending on how things are moved it might not cause physics events (e.g. moving via transform doesn't cause physics).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!