My game has lots of enemies attacking all the time. When the player levels up I want to pause the game and display a dialog choice. However pausing the game seems to block input in dialogs. How can I pause the game and still allow the player to choose dialog options?
I tried setting my combat related schematics to require the game state paused to be inactive but it is unreliable. Any machines still active will finish what they're doing before they pause. For example bullets and enemies will still move toward the player. I would prefer if I could just pause the game and display a dialog choice.
  • I'll look into it.

Btw, to stop everything (also moving bullets) when pausing, you need to use the freeze pause option to set the timescale to 0 (halting all progress).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but it looks like I was able to get the pause working by setting the Makinom timescale to 0 when the dialog pops up. Since I'm using Ork 3 for everything it stops my enemies from moving and I'm guessing since I'm using unity UI the dialog box still works and responds.

I got to say you did a great job with Ork 3. It's so dang versatile, I love it.
  • Next update will add the In Pause option to dialogue nodes. Defaults to Auto, i.e. automatically allows control in pause if the game is paused when the dialogue opens :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!