edited May 2022 in ORK Support
Hi again!

I have a new issue where I can't use the same button for canceling at different moments.

My two main inputs are left and right click, where left is confirm and right is cancel. I use those two in all situations, and it worked correctly until now.

For some reason, right click doesn't work anymore for canceling grid move. It works to cancel in the menu, it works to cancel target cell selection, but it doesn't work anymore to cancel movement. (Edit: I'm pretty sure it used to work before, but maybe I'm imagining things...)

In UI Boxes > Default Controls, I have set up right click as the Cancel Key. In Battles > Battle Grid Settings > Move Command, I clicked Allow Cancel and Own Cancel Key, then set up right click as the Cancel Key. (When I deactivate Own Cancel Key, nothing seems to work as a cancel key for grid movement :s)

If I change the Cancel key for the UI Boxes to something else, I can cancel movement with right clicking.

(I've tried creating two different Input Keys that used right click as the input, but obviously it didn't work :s)

Is there anything I can do to use the same input to cancel at all moments?

Thanks!

Post edited by max_power on
  • Hm, is any UI box open at the time? That'd most likely 'eat' the input before grid move could be cancelled by it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Aaaaah yes, that was exactly the cause of my issue. I created a UI Box to show some information. I'll create a HUD instead.

Thanks, I don't think I'd have thought of that by myself!