edited August 2014 in ORK Support
I apologize if this has already been asked. I did a few searches, but I didn't find anything. It's probably something stupidly simple that I'm missing. Please excuse me if so, I've been horribly malnourished for a couple weeks and I'm a bit slow mentally right now.

I followed the Game Tutorial while making a custom project. I should note, I already did the entire thing to make the demo game once. Everything worked great. The only things different here are the scene names, and the prefab I used. I went through and did everything two times. I don't understand what's wrong.

The Main Menu works, but when you select "New Game" it just goes to a blank black screen. I've tried using the tutorial prefab already, and I've tried renaming the scene. I've triple chcked the start event.
  • edited August 2014
    If you already checked to see if the scene name in the Menus-->Main Menu-->New Game Settings-->New Game Scene is type in correctly but it's still not working then
    the only thing I could think of that is causing that is maybe you didn't add the New Game scene to the build setting. When you press New Game, did an error pop out in the console saying the scene couldn't be loaded because it has not been added to the build setting?
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Thanks for the reply Shadow! I do have both scenes in the build, and it doesn't work in the editor playmode either. :(

I even tried importing the tutorial town scene and its assets, and linking to that. It still ended up giving me a black screen....
  • That's weird indeed. Without seeing any screenshots, I can't really think of why it's like that. Let's wait until GiL log in and see what he say. It might be a totally different issue.
  • Check your Time Scale setting in Edit > Project Settings > Time in Unity.
    Should be set to 1.

Other things to check:
    - are your scenes added to the build settings
    - does the New Game Scene match the actual scene's name
    - are the fade out/in settings for new game set up correctly
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!