edited August 2014 in ORK Support
Hi!
While i'm fighting against RT Battles (^_^) i got a doubt: is it possible to force the player to level up only with certain requirements? Example: i receive enough experience for level 2, i won't immediately raise the level, but i need to go to the city and visit a npc, like a trainer, and activate level 2 there, maybe in exchange of something, like money or another currency.

Could it be doable now? :)

Thanks,
Kae
  • Yep. Just don't set your EXP status value to level you up automatically.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Oh okey. So after disabling that option in EXP attribute, how can i handle levels? Through events? I can't figure easily how to handle the comparison exp/exp needed to level up... Any tips? ^^
  • You could handle level-ups through events by rigging up a series of checks/forks to see how much exp you have, if you spend that exp (if you wanted to spend exp or money), etc. It's up to you on how to design the leveling system, pretty much. Lots of different design directions you could go.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Oh i must have missed some events.. I really couldn't think a way to make a comparison between current experience and experience needed for next level. At that point setting a npc or an object that permits the leveling shouldn't be difficult. :)
  • When disabling the auto leveling (i.e. disable Level Up in the status value's settings) your combatant will simply collect experience.

With an event you can check if the combatant has enough experience, increase the level and reduce the experience by the costs for the level. Naturally, you'd have to do checks for different levels if they cost different experience :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I suppose that is doable by formulas, let's see if i can do it without messing all the system. :)

Maybe i could have the experience bar highlighted when the player has enough exp to level, and he can reach the trainer to level up.
  • Okey, i have a problem. :)
    I did this workflow, starting from the demo, but it doesn't work:
    - i removed level up setting from experience stat.
    - i created a new stat called experience for next level. I set it as normal stat, not experience, and i check combined value, using a formula:
    add user level - power of 1.5 - multiply 10 - round
    the calculation actually works.
    - on status development, i set exp 0 - 0 and experience for next level to None
    - i created an event dialogue, attached to a npc, with player as only actor.:
    dialogue - check status if EXP is greater than EXP FOR NEXT LVL - choice dialogue (if wanna level up or not) - on yes: level up and then make EXP = EXP FOR NEXT LEVEL
    The check on the event is passed, the player is asked he wanna raise his level, and clicking yes the last step, that is setting EXP back to EXP for next level, works. But, level doesn't simply raises... I cannot find the error on my process.
    I don't know how to choose the combatant on which apply the experience check by one event (i could use multiple trainers with different member group index i suppose), so i can't tell if the issue is there...

Any tips? ^_^
  • Ok, seems like leveling up requires an experience status value that has Level Up enabled.
    For now you can only add a dummy exp value for that (without giving any exp to it), I'll fix that in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GiL, really appreciated. :)