I am seeing a new odd behavior on my AOE abilities.

If I set Status > Target Selection Setting > Affect Range Setting = None, they don't deal any damage, even if the collider attached to the prefab with the damage dealer is in contact with the combatants I intend to damage.

If I set Status >Target Selection Setting > Affect Range Setting = Calculation, the ability suddenly deals damage to the intended target in the trigger area...but unfortunately also all the other combatants in the same group.

The Damage dealer Start Types set to Trigger Stay.
This is a fairly new issue, I haven't tested the thoroughly my AOE abilities in few weeks, but they used to work.
  • Hard to say without knowing more about your setup. E.g. are you using schematics to animate the damage dealer doing damage (in which case you need to use a Calculate Action node in the damage dealer's schematic).

Generally, the damage dealer will do damage to a target it hit - using affect range on calculation will also target any combatants within the hit target's affect range.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Fair enough :)
    I am using this schematic for the Battle Animation 0

where the prefab contains the vfx, the trigger collider and the damage dealer.

This is the Damage Dealer Settings in the ability, where the schematics only contains a Calculate Action Node
  • Is the sphere collider set to be a trigger?
    Also, try enabling Damage Zone From Children on the damage dealer.

If your damage dealer schematic only uses Calculate Action you can completely remove the schematic from the damage dealer settings. You only need to use one if you want to do more than just calculating the outcome on hit, e.g. doing some special animation, effects, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Took some trial and error but eventually I found out the cause of the problem :)
    I had to add a Rigid Body Component to the ability prefab for the trigger collider detecting the collisions...
  • Yeah, a rigidbody needs to be involved to recognize physics - either on the damage dealer or damage zone's side (or both).