edited August 2014 in ORK Support
Ive always noticed it but now that im working on some visuals its really bothering me lol when my character spawns into the game the camera constantly jitters like my scene is having a constant earthquake
  • I have a similar issue. After I move my player it takes 8 - 10 secs for the camera to stop shaking (it is a vertical shake not the camera sway). It's like it's slowly adjusting to the right location.
  • Could have a multitude of reasons, without a test project to see what's going on I can only guess :)

Things that can cause that:
    - you have multiple camera controls added that are working against each other
    - you have an event with camera movements running without blocking the camera controls (both try to update the camera position)
    - the camera control is just not working
    - the camera is mounted to something and shouldn't be :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok so it must be the multiple camera controls being created...ok i created two custom controls one for movement and camera (that rightly done ...right?) but when player spawns he still has the camera scripts from ORK attacked (e.g smooth camera collision camera) and on the player also button player controller not sure if that by design but i think that where the problem lies based off your possible problems GiL
  • Im about to test now but i believe my issue came from setting custom control but NOT setting the player controls/camera control to none making multiple control on player and camera i report back if i find that im right

P.S. not sure if it has to do with spawn location but my player can never spawn with feet placed on the ground :-( sure its something on my end
  • Yeah, when using custom controls, you should select None for the built-in player/camera controls :)

To spawn your player on the ground, use the Place on Ground options on your spawn points (or add a Place on Ground component to your player).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!