Hello,
I’m struggling with the animation system. There’s always a point where it doesn’t cross fade correctly. Mainly back to my set battle idle, even set at 0.1 the cross fade goes very slow and looks terrible and sometimes gets stuck and starts twitching. The normal idle works fine. I noticed this problem in Ork 2 as well so I’m guessing I’ve not set something up correctly. If the animation is set to ‘play’ then it eliminates these problems but that looks inherently bad without a cross fade.

Any ideas?
  • Using mecanim animation set up by the way
  • Hard to say without knowing your animator controller setup - this is what handles this (when not playing the animation directly).
    Could e.g. be a transition's exit time or other stuff.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I’m using ork to play the animations directly
  • I’m also getting a bizarre issue where the animations sometimes change the rotation of the combatant. sometimes when running towards the player and they pause, the combatant will suddenly rotate 90 degrees. It’s not a root motion thing as it doesn’t do this consistently.

Again, using ork to directly control the mecanim controller.
  • cookereptiles said: I’m using ork to play the animations directly
    Still - without knowing your animator controller setup it's hard to say. E.g. a transition from the played animation could immediately do something else.

As for the rotation - might be the move AI and/or the component actually moving the combatant around. What's your setup there, how are the combatants moved?
    E.g. if you're using the built-in Default movement component, that one is pretty dumb and simple. I'd recommend e.g. using NavMesh Agent instead (and setting up the NavMesh in your scene.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey, the rotation appears to be a problem with A* pathfinding.
    I’ll try removing any animations transitions and see what happens.

Cheers