edited January 2023 in ORK Support
Hello everyone,

Quick question regarding "ORK HUD TEXT CONTENT" and the use of <- targetchanges ->.
Very very useful function but displays the name of the "status value" which changes followed by the quantity (e.g "HP 20").
Is it possible somehow to only have the quantity that is displayed (e.g 20 )?
I don't master the functions of custom text code or other at all so I remain open to any help.
Post edited by MadMaxx on
  • Sure, but for status values, you'd use the ORK HUD Status Text Content component instead. E.g. check out the tutorial on setting up a player HUD, the name and value of the status value are separated into different HUD elements.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2023
    Thank you for your answer, unfortunately it didn't change anything.
    To put it simply, I use a formula to calculate the damage applied by an object.
    So I would like to show this damage on a shortcut slot.
    It works when I use < - targetchanges ->

But it shows me the name of the "status value" which changes followed by the quantity (e.g "HP 20").
    I would therefore like to be able to use <- targetchanges - > but only display the result of the formula, without the name of the statue value concerned (so just "20").
    I tried using "ORK HUD Status Text" but it is the same.
    And I didn't find anything similar by trying to use the "status" text code from ORK HUD Status Text.

I hope I was clear and thank you in advance for your help!

Edit :I just realized that you should not use the textcode "targetchange" write the same way as in ORK, otherwise it does not appear in the message on the forum, that's why my previous post n was not clear I had not noticed that it had not been displayed xD. it is for this reason that I added - in the text code so that you can see it.
  • Ah, yeah - that makes it clearer :D
    You can set up how the target changes for that text code are displayed in UI > Text Display Settings in the Status Change Display settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great, it worked perfectly.
    It's amazing, there is almost always an option for us to simplify our lives with ORK, it seems that everything is designed for dev-noobs like me xD.

Thanks again !
  • Well, hard-coding how stuff is displayed is a no-go, so there's always a setting for that :D
    For any text display for stats, changes, use costs, etc., check out the text display settings, they should cover all of them.
    Some content also has options to override it, e.g. status values can do some information overrides.
  • edited February 2023
    Hello everyone,

Other subject, Small question, I'm stuck on the use of local variable/formula (object).

To put it simply, my objects use a local variable to determine their cost in "MP".
    When I use this variable in a formula and try to display it, it works fine! ( e.g using "Target change" in a hud , the displayed result is that of the formula, with the variable taken into account retrieved in the formula with: "Value - float Variable" "Variable origin - selected data" "data key - action" "data origin - local".

On the other hand, when I use this formula, as a condition for the use of an item, it systematically returns zero.

(I specify that the object variables are configured with "origin variable - local")

imageIMG-ORK-MPCONDI

The same is true if you try to use the "condition" function with a variable linked to an item (with "Value - float Variable" "Variable origin - selected data" "data key - action" "data origin - local" ."

The variable always returns zero in this case.

I don't really understand why this happens.

So I can't limit the use of an item based on the amount of MP available/remaining to the player.
    It seems to me that I did not encounter this problem with an old version of ORK (ork 2 ? :| ).

Résolved , use "use cost" function and not "user change"
  • The status condition checks the combatant and has no connection to the ability/item itself, so the action selected data is empty.
  • edited February 2023
    resolved
  • If the item has MP use costs, that already required to be able to use it.
    Otherwise, you'd need to use a formula that stores the item into selected data Select Item node and use it that way.
  • edited February 2023
    I simply had to use the "use cost" function of my object and not "user change" to be able to automatically limit the use of an object to its amount of MP used (regardless of the way in which the consumption of "MP", e.g by a formula, a variable etc...

I'm really sorry for wasting time.
    I just spent a lot of time on the asset / optimization part and I lost sight of the simplicity of operation of ORK: o

Thanks for your help anyway.