Hello,
How do I reference the object variables of a combatant in the ui? For example: in the combatant selection menu I want to display a string variable of the combatant not their default name? I can’t seem to get the button to display anything other than their name.
  • Hm, I don't think this can currently be added directly to the text - but using HUD templates to add additional information can show object variables of the combatant.

Will look into adding options to use the displayed content's variables in variable text codes to the content layouts.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks. I have tried using them in HUD but when I do the screen/camera gets blacked out and I cant’ see anything. I assume I’m doing something wrong, the hud works fine until I reference any variables.
  • Yeah, currently bugged, sorry about that :)
    Next update will fix the bug and also add an option to content layout settings to use variables of the displayed content, so no HUD needed to display it's variables.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!