edited February 2023 in ORK Support
1. So my character attack animations in battle move way too quick. When I go to use the animation in a battle, it happens in what seems like an instant. Its hard to tell what the character is even doing. It almost appears as if the animation plays twice in quick succession, or is playing two different animations very quickly.

*The animations preview in Unity looks normal, and speed is set to 1.

*I have "Wait Between" checked in the Attack schematic for each "Combatant Animation" node.

*I've tried setting the Duration Type to both Fixed (with varying times) and Animation Clip

2. In world, how do you set how fast a character can run? They will run fast in battle (though jittery), but in the open world, they have what feels like a sluggish jog as their top speed. I've tried fiddling with the Auto Animation & Default Move Speed settings in Combatants -> Combatants -> Animations & Movement, but no success.

I'm using the WASD key for movement in world if that makes any difference.

I've tried adding Run Speed Threshold and Sprint Speed Threshold values of 0.5 as mentioned in one of the tutorials.

Thanks
Post edited by racefan56 on
  • 1) Check your animator controller's transitions - e.g. the Exit Time defines when the transition from the animation to the next starts (in normalized time, i.e. 1 is at the end of the animation), if that's set to 0 it'll immediately transition to the next animation.

2) If you're using the built-in controls with WASD movement, that should use the Run Speed of your combatant. However, depending on how the game object is moved (e.g. character controller, rigidbody setup, etc.) that might be slowed down due to physics.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!