edited August 2014 in ORK Support
I have multiple weapons in my game ike on the scale of fallout games my question is how am i to align each one properly what work for one might not work for all e.g a sword vs a shield or a machine gun etc
Post edited by bkstudios on
  • There are position and rotation offset settings for each individual equipment for the equipment viewer.
    It'll also help having the root position (i.e. local X=0, Y=0, Z=0) at the position where it should be held/placed, since that is what's used when spawning on an equipment viewer.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok ill give that a look Thanks
  • ok each time i change the position and rotation of the weapon and then set it correctly in ork under said weapon....its still doesnt line up! pressing play the weapon is not where i set it to be
  • Yea Equipment Viewer gives me lots of complications. Is why I suggested a WYSIWYG option for it. But it's probably because I'm bad at offsetting -_-
  • lol i get correct offsets down while in play mode and using scene view..write down positions and rotations...input them in ork save ....press play and its out of whack again lol
  • The next update will allow previewing weapons on equipment viewers in the scene view :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So i should wait till next update to fix my weapon positions?
  • Holy cow! YEA!
  • This still doesn't save you from finding the correct position/rotation offset :)
  • where in lies my problem the changes i make the viewer of said weapon doesnt stick...
  • @GiL As long as I can see what I am doing!
  • If you set the position/rotation offset in the ORK Framework editor (not in play mode) and save the settings, it should be working.