Hiya, I am experiencing a problem with the toggling of HUDs based on game state conditions. Specifically, I have set a game state condition to prevent the HUD from being shown when in a menu. However, when I exit the menu, the HUD does not reappear. It appears that the issue only occurs when the game state condition's check state is set to inactive. Any idea what is going wrong?
  • Can you show me the details of your game state's settings? Also, the menu screen's settings regarding blocking/pausing.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    Hm, did a quick test with the same setup and works fine for me.

Since you're not using single screen - maybe there's still some menu open or prevented from fully being closed (e.g. close schematic used by menu, or UI box closing schematic taking long time).

You can check the state of the game states by selecting the _Makinom game object in your scene (DontDestroyOnLoad section of the scene hierarchy).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have sent you the project. If you open the menu by pressing ESC, the quest log will close, which is good. However, when you close the menu, the quest log does not reappear, which is not good. Additionally, when you open the menu, you may notice the quest log flashing briefly.
  • It's actually working fine - the HUD is shown again ... but your HUD's schematics fade it out on closing, but don't fade it in when opening.
    So, your HUD is simply displayed fully transparent :)
  • ah wow, thanks!
  • This can be tricky to find - if something isn't displayed but should be visible, it's always a good idea to first check the UI' scene hierarchy (child objects of the _Makinom game object) to see if it's enabled or disabled there. If it's enabled, it should be displayed, but could be some fading or layouting issue.