edited April 2023 in ORK Support
Hiya,

I am attempting to combine input origins from both keyboard and controller axis, but I am facing some difficulties in getting this to work.

I have tried combining input keys such as the keyboard arrows and D-Pad Horizontal to a single Input ID setting. I have also tried using two Input ID settings, but it still did not work. I have made sure to use the combined input key instead of the individual input keys. (Combining keyboard keys do work)

However, when I test the individual keys separately, they do work. I am unsure if what I am trying to do is even possible. Should this work?
Post edited by Anoo on
  • Did you already check out this gameplay bits tutorial?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    Yeah, definitely, when combining keyboard keys (or joystick buttons) everything is working. However, combining an axis input and a keyboard key is not working.
    Post edited by Anoo on
  • Works the same way as explained in the tutorial, just the individual inputs need to be set up correctly. E.g. joystick axes from left/right stick need to be added via Unity input manager setup.

If you're unsure how to do it, there are downloadable input key setups and explanations for the Unity input manager setups available via Makinom: Xbox, PS4, Switch Pro Controller.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    The setup via the unity input manager is correct, the joystick axes are working, and I can move the character around. The only problem is when I try to combine it with other buttons. (keyboard arrows and joystick axes)
    Post edited by Anoo on
  • Hm, it's working fine on my end - have such a setup in may daily used test project.
    Can you show me your input key setups for the involved input keys?
    Or a test project to check out :)
  • Thanks! I've sent you the project
  • You need to enable Is Joypad Axis in the input key's settings for joystick controls.
    Also, the input manager setup is a bit wild, I'd recommend settings like:
    - gravity: 0
    - dead: 0.1-0.2
    - sensitivity: 1
    Also, don't use negative/positive buttons in the input manager for those inputs.

I'd recommend to check out the setup of the input keys and input manager I've linked above for the ready-to-use inputs from different controllers.
  • Nice, I got it working! Thanks for helping out