Hi, i have two questions:

1) Display image icon in "Quantity Selection"

I want to show an image icon (e.g. from an item) inside the "Quantity Selection". I cannot find any option to get the icon displayed in the ui Box (except from text codes by using [icon]).

The reason why I dont want to use a TextMeshPro to display the item icon, is because I have a lot of items that I would have to combine into a sprite altas.

To avoid this, I'm willing to do this with the "Buy Question" from the shop instead, but I have also no way of displaying the icon as an image.

I hope I missed something.

2) Display it later via C#

If 1) isn't possible, can I show it later (after loading) via my own C# script which is a component of the UI box (Quantity Selection), where I e.g. get the id from the actual item and load its image?
  • 1) I don't think there's currently a way to do this.
    I'll look into it - maybe an option to use the content's icon instead of the defined icon. That way your UI content on your UI box can display it as sprite/texture.

2) Theoretically, yes, but the UI box has no access to whatever item is displayed, only the content information defined.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That would be great. Thank you.

• Next update will add new options for the quantity selection - you can directly use the content icon instead of a defined icon, and it'll also allow using HUD content (template, UI key) for a more complex setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This sounds pretty good. Thank's again.
  • edited May 2023
    Thank you for the new options :). Ive another question about the new HUD content in quantity selection. Im trying to display the status value (list) from the combatant in quantity selection. I assume that Ive only permission to the Shortcut. Because I cannot display it via ORK HUD Status Text content nor HUD Status Value List.

Is it possible to display the status value in a list from a selected combatant in the quantity selection?
    Post edited by Tzunamii on
  • edited May 2023
    Yes, via content provider components. They're used to, well, provide content to HUD components displaying content.

There's e.g. the HUD Menu Shop User (Content Provider) component to get the current combatant using the menu or shop. Or the HUD Player Combatant (Content Provider) component to get the player's combatant.
    Just use such a content provider as the Content Provider setting of your ORK HUD Status Text Content component to use the provided combatant's status information.

Here's the documentation on the topic.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank you for your answer and link.

I think I expressed myself wrong again. (That might be because English is not my main language ^^). Or I simply havent found the right Content Provider for the combatant I want to buy in the shop.

I have e.g. three combatants in a shop. If I click on a combatant I get the quantity selection window. There I want to display the actual selected combatants status values by a Status Value List. (not the Menu User).

1) Exists a content provider for this?
    2) ORK HUD Status Text Content - In the Info for the possibles text codes(like <name>) sometimes there are not all text codes listed (or is it?). Where can I find the complete list for it?

• Ah, for buying combatants - I don't think that'll work in quantity selections.
    I'll look into it.
  • edited May 2023
    Yeah, the shortcut UI currently has no access to the combatant like that - will be changed in the next update. So, it can simply add status information of the combatant like in a combatant HUD without using a content provider.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank you very much! I think displaying this information makes sense for combatant purchases.
  • Currently you can add that information to the Buy Combatant Info via a HUD template, if you're using that info in your shop layout :)