So, I'm using the mouse controller/point-and-click setup that comes with Ork. I am having issues increasing the player speed to sprint. I didn't see much about it in the tuts for point-and-click, other than "passive abilities". I didn't notice a clear guide to setting that up.
I tried to override the speed with a manual script but as soon as I click for the character to move, Ork resets the speed.

Could you give me some pointers on how to handle this through Ork?

I'm using NavMeshAgent method.

Thanks.
  • Well, the built-in mouse controls have no dedicated sprinting options.

However, you can manage that via the combatant's speed - e.g. using a formula for the movement speeds and having something impact that, or e.g. have a status effect give a bonus to the combatant's speed (via status bonus).
    E.g. use global machines that add a status effect with speed bonus to the player on input down and remove it on input up if you want to use a 'hold sprint key' setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!