Hello.
I've created a UI box that shows the description of the selected abilities during batttle and this works just fine except I have an ability with more than one level.
Level 1 inflicts a status effect to a single target.
Level 2 inflicts it to the entire group.

I've set level 2 to override the description but toggling between level 1 and 2 doesn't update the description during the battle. It defaults to level 2.
It DOES update if I use tooltips instead but I would prefer a stationary help bar that doesn't require mouse over. So I've tried to use a UI box instead.
image image

Is it possible to make the ability description update when switching ability levels like the tool tip does? Or can a tooltip be spawned whenever an ability is selected without relying on mouse over?

Thank you.
  • Yeah, seems like changing the use level doesn't update the description part of the battle menu.
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you so much!