Hi, so I've recently been testing stuff on a single scene to prototype stuff. The animations work fine here. I run them through Ork, set up in the way the guides show and the demos show. They are all good here. NPC walks with the walk animation and so on.

Now, I've added a Main Menu and so it has to switch to the scene. After switching to the scene the animations no longer play correctly. The NPC always remains in the idle pose. Not entirely sure why. If I go back and test the scene with a Game Starter the animations work fine again. The console isn't giving me any errors or warnings.

Thanks
  • So, your NPCs are combatants?
    My first guess would be the NPCs/combatants being out of range of the player, e.g. the move AI range kicking in (see Battles > Battle System > General Settings).

The _Makinom game object in the DontDestroyOnLoad part of the scene hierarchy gives you some information about the game's state and the NPC's components (e.g. combatant and move AI components) will show you information about the NPC.
    E.g. check if the game is running, NPC combatants are alive, move AI isn't blocked, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tried the range settings and nothing changed. The NPC would move, but the animator just wasn't changing to reflect the movement i.e. staying idle and gliding along the floor. Though, it worked fine in the same scene before having to load it from a menu.

I looked at the _Makinom object but I couldn't see anything relating to the Combatant.

In the end, I made a script to control the moment animations.
  • Hm, hard to say what the issue could be without knowing details about your setup, e.g. used animation system, how are the movement animations played, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think I figured out the issue. I imported another asset that changed some of the base project settings. I did some tests and it seems to work fine before adding it. Silly me.