edited June 2023 in Announcements
ORK 3.15 TARGETS LOCKED

Next big ORK 3 update - TARGETS LOCKED - is here!
This update focuses on targets and target selection and brings some big new features:
- body parts for combatants
- target selection templates
- target-first mode in battle menus
See all changes in the release notes.

Body parts are basically separate combatants on a combatant's game object and can be used as any other combatant, i.e. they can be set up as active or passive combatants, so either they use their own actions or are just separate targets on the combatant. Killing a body part can inflict status changes on the parent combatant.
Beside adding body parts to a combatant's settings, you can also add and remove them via schematics or the battle AI.
Edit: New gameplay bits tutorial available for adding a body part as a weakpoint.

Target selection templates make the ability/item setup a whole lot easier. There are also separate default selections available, so you can quickly select or change enemy single/multi target, ally single/multi, etc.
Also, the new auto damage multipliers can impact status changes in case you allow switching between single and multi targeting for an action, e.g. only doing 60% of damage on multiple targets.
The tutorial series will be udpated to reflect the new templates over the next couple of days.

Target-first target selection in battle menus will first show a list of all combatants (ally and enemy) and afterwards lets you select actions to use on the selected target. Naturally, the selected target will allow using different actions on it, e.g. selecting enemy vs selecting ally, depending on the action's target selection setup.

Makinom 2.14 is here!

This update brings a boost in data load times (both in-editor and in-game).
Especially larger projects will notice an improvement when opening the editor. Also, the editor now has 'splash'-screens when opening, checking for changes or saving. E.g. if your large projects takes a couple of seconds to initialize the editor, the editor will now open immediately and show a 'loading' screen instead of just locking Unity and opening when it's done :)
See all changes in the release notes.

Update: ORK 3.15.1 bugfix update

ORK 3.15.1 is now available - small bugfix udpate for an issue with Combatant type HUDs not displaying all settings.
Also, ability/item target selection settings can now create custom setups based on the currently selected template or default selection.
See the release notes for all details.

The limited test version's target selection templates now allow creating up to 20 templates.

Update: ORK 3.15.2 bugfix update

ORK 3.15.2 is now available - small bugfix udpate for an issue that affected new projects that didn't yet set up an ability.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Amazing changes as always, ORK continues to be the best framework out there
  • edited June 2023
    What a great update. I've done a bit of testing and I don't seem to have any unusual data problems so far. My project has over 1,000 data assets so far and has seen a great improvement in loading speed.
    Opening Ork Before: 14 sec - 27 sec!!
    Opening Ork Now: 7 sec - 10 sec!!!
    Entering Play (with both Reload Domain and Reload Scene Off) + Auto Data Int disabled
    Testing Project in Play Before: 9 sec
    Testing Project in Play Now: 3 sec!!!

Since I use "auto data" on start I re-enabled Auto Data Int, I now get a modest 7 sec start.
    Nevertheless, fantastic update.

@gamingislove
    Looks like I might have spoke too soon. It looks like the HUD Type->Combatant is missing some options. (Status Condition/Variable Conditions/Unity UI).
    How it should look: Combatant Object Type (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mlgigd2d9eut5n/combatant object.png?dl=0)
    How it looks: Combatant (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yhilefqpkyb7pk/combatant.png?dl=0)
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • So long I have waited... The time has come!
  • @Dre788
    Can confirm this bug - will fix it with a small update later today.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK 3.15.1 bugfix update

ORK 3.15.1 is now available - small bugfix udpate for an issue with Combatant type HUDs not displaying all settings.
    Also, ability/item target selection settings can now create custom setups based on the currently selected template or default selection.

The limited test version's target selection templates now allow creating up to 20 templates.
  • ORK 3.15.2 bugfix update

ORK 3.15.2 is now available - small bugfix udpate for an issue that affected new projects that didn't yet set up an ability.
  • A new gameplay bits tutorial is available that shows how to add a body part to a combatant and use it as a weakpoint.