Hey GiL, last year you made me a prototype build for a 2D RPG and I've been hard at work on building it over the last year or so. I've reached the point where I can start playing with the battle system however it isn't working anymore. I know this was a long time ago and I don't expect you to remember this prototype specifically, but I was wondering if you could at least give me some advice on how to go about fixing it.

Right now, when a battle begins, you're given the option to Fight, Check Party, Settings, or Escape on the initial battle menu.

After selecting Fight on this menu, you're taken to a Fight menu where you can select Attack, Defend, etc.

However, after this, if you select Attack, rather than beginning the turn and calculations taking place, it returns you to the above initial battle menu (fight, party, settings, etc). And then after you select Fight once again from this initial menu, it brings you to the Fight menu once again, however Attack and Defend are grey and unable to be selected:

Again, I know there's probably a lot of things that could be causing this and you likely don't remember how you set it up, but do you have any ideas about where I could start looking to try and solve it? Let me know which settings, such as UI windows, battle schematics, etc... and I can provide more screenshots to help.

Thank you so much!
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • I remember the project, though I naturally don't have it anymore to check it.
    My first guess would be some changes in the battle system in the last years are responsible for this. E.g. if you're using turn based battles in Classic mode, the new Auto End Turn settings could be responsible for this.

You can send me a test project to check it out if you want :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great! I'll email you a copy of the project folder. Thank you!
    Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • Will check it out :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!