SK1SK1
edited August 2023 in ORK Support
1.How to enter multiple English or Chinese text strings and save them randomly in a text file line?
2. How to make a password, enter the password before displaying the English or Chinese text string saved in the text line?
Post edited by SK1 on
  • 1) There's Write Text File and Write Text File Lines nodes for writing to a text file available in schematics.
    Entering would e.g. use a Value Option Dialogue with a Custom option added to store text into a string variable.

2) Password is just an Input Field UI prefab that's set to Password mode to obscure the entered text from view. Otherwise it's just a regular text.
    What you do with the password depends on you, e.g. check it against some other text that's coming from somehwere (like read from a text file).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2023
    1.Could you please tell me how to input such a value with built-in letters and words?

2.Why didn't the WriteTextFileLines node work this way to save the randomly generated name?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • 1) That'd be more of a Unity topic, e.g. bringing up an on-screen keyboard for that.

2) Most likely due to your Variable Key setup.
    You use a String Variable instead of a Value.
    Using Value type here lets you directly define the variable key. But if you use String Variable it uses whatever is stored in the variable key name as variable key.

So, changing the variable key to Value should get it to work. Naturally only if something is stored in that local variable. Also, you're using a list variable, not sure if that's used or set in the schematic before (based on the visible node infos).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2023
    1. I want you to add onscreen keyboard input to ORK's Value Options Dialog node.
    Or support the onscreen keyboard plugin in the Unity store?

I bought it"viper OSK On-Screen Keyboard"
    And the free "OSK OnScreenKeyboard Rus/Eng", but does not display its stored string variables in the input field of ORK's "Value Options dialog box".

If you call the system keyboard, it will leak the password, so I want to add an in-game screen keyboard, enter the password will not leak!!!

2."Write Text File Lines" node error, the global list does not work, please fix it.

3. The "Write Text File" node works fine.

4. I want you to add encryption to the "text file line" and "write text file" nodes, just like archive encryption.

Post edited by SK1 on
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2023

I entered two values in the "Value Options Dialog" using String, one 100 and one 20000, and then compared the two string variables with "Check values", if they are equal, continue, otherwise stop.
    The value check comparison is incorrect and cannot properly compare the two input String variables.

Int variable comparison is also wrong, only Float variable comparison is correct, please fix this bug and extend String variable comparison!!!!

This will not be used to verify the password, please add the String variable in the "check value" node!!!!!

Post edited by SK1 on
  • As said before - your Variable Key should use Value type, not String Variable.

1) I don't know how those work, are they automatically used when selecting an input field or use their own, custom input fields?

2) Can you post the error you get?
    Based on the previous image, I'm not 100% sure if a running game can write into the assets folder.

4) I'll look into adding encryption options to the text fiel nodes.