I am trying to add a third party member to my game. However, for some reason, it does not add the new party member to the party when I use the Join Group node. I decided to mess around with it and see what could be causing the issue. I decided to remove the leader from the party and the game let me add the extra member. I cloned the other party members and it would let me add as many as I want. I swapped out my second party member with my third and it let me add them in no problem, it just won't let me add 3 total party members if my main party leader in in the party at all. Is there any reason this could be happening?
  • How's your Join Group node set up?
    Did you get any error or warning in the Unity console what that happened?

Generally, new combatants can always join the group, unless you actively set a size limit via a Change Group Size Limit node in a schematic.

Also, by not joining the group, do you mean the battle group or the whole group? Battle group spots are limited by the size you defined in the game settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The Join Group node is set to join the active player group.

Nothing is changing the group size limit from what I can tell. I have never used that node in any schematics.

By not joining the group, they do not join the whole group. When I open inventory, the third party member does not appear and they do not appear in battles, but only when I have our party leader combatant active in the party. Otherwise, we are able to add as many combatants as party members as we want.

Battle spots have also been defined to handle 4 party members
  • Also there were no errors or warning in the Unity editor
  • Hm, that's very strange - could you send me a Unity test project?
    Would probably be easiest if I can test that behaviour and debug what's going on :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sure, just sent it!
  • For others that might run into a similar issue:
    - check the battle group size being what you want
    - check your menu screens not limiting the available users to battle group

What happened was that the battle group size was set to 2, so only 2 members spawned in the scene. The menu screen also only showed those 2 because the menu screens limited the users to only the battle group, so combatant selections didn't show all members.