I've tested this and ran into some complications. I had trouble importing the file into WPS Office with the correct formatting. I did manage to get it imported into Google Docs but after I made a small change, saved it and imported back into the game, many of the item's names and descriptions were ruined. (one item was duplicated over the rest)

Did I do something wrong? What's the idea process for a smooth export/import for translation?
  • edited October 2023
    This sounds like you didn't save after exporting, i.e. the export IDs that where assigned where not saved.

As stated in the documentation, after exporting you need to save the changes to keep the export IDs that where assigned, otherwise an import can no longer find the correct IDs.

It's also crucial to keep that export ID information intact in your file. When importing I'd also recommend to only import to the languages you have new content for. When you import the language data for settings (i.e. stuff in the editor, not scenes or schematics), those changes are only done when you save the changes like any other setup change.

Also, making a backup before importing is probably a good idea :)
    There's always a chance of something going wrong.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    gamingislove said: This sounds like you didn't save after exporting, i.e. the export IDs that where assigned where not saved.
    Ah, okay. It's possible that might be the case. (I tested this a while ago but haven't got around to making a thread about it until now) And yes, it was the default text I changed since I was just testing the export and import. I'll test it again in the future to try and see if I can simply add new language text. (and not import anything else)