edited October 2023 in ORK Support
Hiya! I've set up a fade in/out in the game settings under "Default screen fade," but it appears that the fade-in isn't working. I'm using a Schematic > Scene Changer Node or a Scene Changer game object to switch between scenes. I've made sure that "own screen fade" is not working either. I also tried checking "wait for fade," but that didn't solve the issue. Additionally, I experimented with transitioning from the current color or from black to transparent, but nothing seems to fix it.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this hiccup?

Thanks!
Post edited by Anoo on
  • @Anoo Do you have your own canvases or layers set up for the screen fader? I ran into this before and it's because I added separate Canvases for each layer, but I forgot to actually bump up the sort layer on the screen fader. It was "running" but because it's sort layer was too low, it was actually hidden by everything else.

You can sort of check this in play mode if you initiate the scene change and then pause (or manually call screen fading in a schematic) and looking under the Makinom UI object to see if it's actually running and the order is off, or something else might be going on.
  • Heyy Thanks for your response! This was indeed the problem! thanks ❤