edited October 2023 in ORK Support
Hiya, I'm currently in the process of implementing a research tree (multi) and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I've successfully set up the tree, but there's an issue with the navigation when using arrow keys. It seems that when you click the up arrow, it actually moves you down in the menu (And the grow direction is Up center). I've checked the vertical menu input, and it wasn't inverted. I experimented with inverting it, and the tree navigation worked correctly, but it affected other elements negatively. So, I'm uncertain if this is the correct solution.

My second question is related to the visual representation of completed paths. Currently, only the lines indicate which paths are finished, but I'm also interested in highlighting the buttons that correspond to completed paths. Is there a method to achieve this?

Thank you in advance!
Post edited by Anoo on
  • 1) Might be looping down due to having the topmost thing selected.
    Also, I'd recommend to set your UI box prefab's Horizontal/Vertical Input Change settings both to 0 to use direction based input instead o index based.

2) This can be done in the research item button prefabs.
    Since they are basically HUDs, you can e.g. use HUD Condition components with the Research Item State condition type to check the displayed research item's state and display things based on that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I got it working, thanks!
  • Is it possible to skip the research types screen? I have the "all types" checked, but I still have to choose the default (the only type there is) to open the research tree.
  • In the Type Box for the Menu Part set the Display dropdown to Merged (or None works too I think) and it'll skip that UI Box by displaying all types.
  • edited October 2023
    Just want to add that Acissathar's addendum (setting the Display dropdown to None) allowed my Research Trees to become visible. When set to merged they would not display.

edit: This may have something to do with Single and Multi Research trees...and I still can't tell what the difference is. I can read that they are different, but I have no idea what it looks like.
    Post edited by tomraegan on
  • Thanks Acissathar, that did the trick!
  • Small clarification:
    - None will not display types but the content is still 'typed', i.e. you can e.g. switch types via the type change keys
    - Merged will merge content from all types together

@tomraegan
    For research tree view, merged display requires a merged research UI setup (prefab defined on the combatant and uses different UI research tree component). I've posted the details in your thread :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!