edited October 2023 in ORK Support
Hello !

I got several problem that are strange to me .In my actual project I struggle with the battle system +UIboxes even if its not my first drill.
In this project that is a copy of another advanced project(older version of unity+ORK) + I make an update to Unity 2022.3.30f1 and ORK 3.16 and the problem could be there I think.
My issues :

1/ the the boxe that should show the skills list doesn't show up 9 times out of 10 and when it does it become inactive instantly.

2/ the target box that show the list of target instantly become inactive aswell,in runtime I have to search for it and click on the "active box " in the inspector to make it active.

3/ the turn doesn't end even if I select 1 action per turn + check the "end turn" boxe in every Action under Battles>Battle System>Action Settings

4/ I managed to see the effect of the skills but it doesn't work anymore.

I make a video that show everything usefull settings of this project but keep in mind the other project work with the same settings.
I wonder if the copy paste + update is not he source of the issue.What do you think about it?

the video(15min length) : https://1fichier.com/?1off0vx6zpzthvgy99r1

Post edited by omeegaa on
  • I think this is mainly due to using Focus Cursor Over in your UI > UI Boxes > General Settings. This will give focus to the UI box the mouse cursor is currently over.
    In your battle menu that means that using mouse click to open something will open the sub menu box, but since the cursor is over the 'root' battle menu's UI box and the new box is somewhere else, the root will get focus immediately and close the sub menu again.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello !

I tried to activate and deactivate the focus on some part on the menus,but the problem still occur.
    For example 0 focus on hovering ,or focus on hovering on some boxes I don't use in battle etc but nothing change.
    So this update (unity or ORK ,or the both combined seems to break this part in my project(ssems to be fine for other users)for no reasons , I decided it will be faster to start over with my main(older) project as base.

Its on 2020 and ORK 3.6.1,so I copy paste it to create a new project with some part ready like the combat system +menus etc.
    The combat system works fine(since I check the auto end turn settings) but for one part of my menu screen there is a "bug".

That part works fine in the older project but after the update ,if I try to open the menu screen containing the status value distribution points menu part it create an error in the console ,freezing the game(probably du to the pause inside the menus) and making some box not appearing saying a reference is missing.
    Again its the same boxes,settings etc,the only difference is the ORK version.
    I made new another video : that show you the both project and settings(but its litteraly the same).
    the error is at 5min55 on the video.
    video : https://1fichier.com/?39or867p4jt93ozbhfdf

I will revamp this menu so its not urgent at all but at least if its a bug you will be able to correct it ;)
  • Well, there have been many changes and fixes between 3.6 and 3.16, so might be that some fixes caused issues in your setup (e.g. battle menu) due to now working correctly.
    As said, it looks like a focus cursor over issue closing the other boxes, so not using that feature or blocking it in all battle menu boxes should fix that.

As for the error in the video, check the used UI box and it's prefab. There where issues with prefabs needing to be reimported after an update in earlier versions as they otherwise had missing components. If you check out the UI box's prefab you should see if there is a missing UI component on it.

Otherwise I'd need a test project to check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!