I realized that I would be asking a lot of questions, so in order not to create too many topics, I will ask questions to the developer here.

The first one. Show message choice creates selection buttons in the content section. Immediately after the text. This means that the position of the buttons will be different depending on the size of the text. Can I move the choice buttons to a separate section of the ui box?
  • In the UI Box component settings (in the box prefab itself) you can specify a Rect Transform for the Input Parent. You could then add a vertical or horizontal layout group on that new object / rect transform to style as you like, and then lastly place it where you want the inputs to go. ORK should feed your dialogue choices into that.
  • You can also add pre-placed inputs to the UI box prefab e.g. to create a special layout that'd not be possible with basic layout groups.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • BAOBAO
    edited December 2023
    It's for this topic. Posted here by mistake
    https://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/8579/interaction-architecture#latest

imageimage

OK. Look, this is the architecture. There is an interactive place, there are N interactive objects in it (shown as spheres). They are independent of each other, and each runs its own schematic.
    This is okay. But I also wanted to have the text representation shown on the left. That is, each interactive object is both a spawned sphere and a line of text. So the question is next.

1) I will make my own script that will spawn the box and the dialogues in it. Here everything is done without schematics. But there will be text written on the buttons, but I would like to use the localization features built into orc. Will I have problems using localized texts in my own scripts, or will everything be ok?

2) I want the schematic to be launched from collisions with the sphere OR when a choice button is pressed. How to do it?
    Post edited by BAO on
  • There is functionality for this available, but it's a bit more complex.
    In short:

1) Add those interactions to global selected data (e.g. key interactions).
    You can e.g. use an Auto Machine on each of them that has a schematic adding the machine object to that global selected data.

2) The UI can use HUD components to show things stored in selected data using the HUD Selected Data List component. It uses a prefab that's spawned for each thing - the prefab's setup uses other HUD components to show the displayed thing's content. E.g. you can have a Scene Object component on your interactions to add content information like name, description, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • >2) The UI can use HUD components to show things stored in selected data using the HUD Selected Data List component. It uses a prefab that's spawned for each thing - the prefab's setup uses other HUD components to show the displayed thing's content. E.g. you can have a Scene Object component on your interactions to add content information like name, description, etc.

I misunderstood what a schematic was when I wrote the second question. Your option will create a description of the object in UI, but will not create a clickable button for interaction in UI, right? I think the solution is extremely simple. Just make a separate button with a schematic and a separate object with this schematic. After all, both will be launchthe same schematic; we do not have instances of the schematic.
  • I haven't looked into this yet. But as far as I understand, the grid cells does not support large units? Which occupy several cells at once.
    What should I do then? I could visually increase the size of each cell to accommodate both small and large units. But can I not use a grid at all, and get results like in Baldur Gates 3? That turn-based movement does not occur in cells, but simply in space. And does the range of abilities use some of its own masks/distances, rather than cells?
  • Combatants can have larger cell sizes - the Grid Cell Size in the combatant's battle settings handles that (also default settings for all in the general settings).
  • BAOBAO
    edited December 2023
    Nice! Does the grid support different heights? For example, the expensive cost of climbing, or the impossibility of moving if one cell is much higher than the other?
    Post edited by BAO on
  • Generally, yes - since the grid cells are just objects in the scene, you can move them around however you want.
    Battle ranges and movement can use hight difference checks, but I don't think it's possible to use in movement cost calculations.
  • BAOBAO
    edited January 21
    I have a lot of questions about the grid and phase system.
    How to make movement always available on a mouse click?
    For example, so that movement is always available, and not by clicking on the “move” option, and only after that selecting a movement cell.
    I found the auto move grid setting. But when it is turned on, it closes the combat menu, preventing you from choosing anything else.

I thought to go the same way as we assigned click attacks. But there you cannot select grid orientation and grid movement. Maybe you need to do it through schematics? But I didn’t find the beginning of the “move commands” there (otherwise how would I calculate the path?), and I also didn’t find a way to find the cell under the cursor.

By the way, grid orientation has one feature - if the cursor is behind the cells relative to which you can turn around (cells around the character), then the logic will choose the most suitable one that it has.
    However, there is no such system when a combatant is moving. those cells that cannot be reached - The cursor simply selects the cells and marks them as inappropriate.
    Post edited by BAO on
  • How can I bind battle options to keys? For example, if I leave the movement through the action selection, I would like to quickly press a key, for example 1.
  • BAOBAO
    edited January 21
    I increased the unit size, but see how it works? It only checks the central, main cell.
    Which leads to the fact that I can go beyond the edge of the grid, and also does not display the cells around the enemy.
    How can I fix this?
    Post edited by BAO on
  • BAOBAO
    edited January 21
    About Target Selection Lines

I have a phase combat system with no active commands. How can I do such feature for this? In general, I would like to write a visualization system for combatants choosed actions. But I don’t understand where to start and where to look.

It is necessary to visualize a path, chosen skills, and direction of the skills
    Post edited by BAO on
  • Does the grid have the ability to auto-detect impassable cells? I would like to have a procedural level generation with randomly placed block objects. Is this possible?