One of my combatant seems to have become unaffected by the player abilities or abilities' status effects but I can't find the cause to save my life since everything seems in order.

Is there anywhere in the settings something that would prevent that and that I might have accidentally enabled or disabled?
  • edited November 2023
    Might be faction-related, e.g. an attack that only damages enemies? I also assume the combatant is still alive?
    There are some status effect things that can e.g. block status value changes (e.g. prevent damage or healing), but not overall block all changes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The combatant (Tree) is still alive and is an ally faction of the player, but I tried with all combination of Target Selection Settings > Target Types (Ally/All...) and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Is it possible it has something to do with the combatants group?
  • No, ally/enemy targeting is usually independent of combatant groups. Well, ally targeting has a specific setting (Only Group) to limit stuff to the user's own group.

If your abilities are set up to only be used in battle, the combatant might have left the battle, either via something in a schematic or by death.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The combatant seems to be in battle and is definitely not dead (can be damaged by other combatants).
  • Is that replicated in the project I've got? If yes, send me the details via email :)
  • Will do, thank you Nicholas :)