Hello!

I'm still working on an old project in ORK 2.33.0 and I ran into a Tooltip issue. I just created a HUD that seems to work in my turn based battles, since it will display the info when I hover over a combatant. However, I want it to display information about the status effects on each combatant (like the name and stack count) when you mouse over the status effect HUD I created. That HUD is basically a "Status Effect" status element that displays the icon of the status effect via text code (%i).

I've clicked the "Enable Tooltip" option in the HUD menu. I've messed around with the settings of everything involved for awhile now and scoured the website, but to no avail. Is it not possible to display a tooltip this way, or am I doing something wrong? Let me know if there's anything I can send screenshots of that would make this easier to diagnose.

Thanks!
Bap
  • If Enable Tooltip in the status effect's HUD element is enabled, that should be all there is to do, beside the Tooltip HUD itself having Status Effect enabled to display tooltips for them.

Things that could interfere with this is other UI parts blocking the cursor over. This can either be another HUD, menu or dialogue - or other HUD elements from the same HUD simply extending over the status effects.
    If you're using the New UI GUI system type, you can pause the game and check the HUD's game objects if something is in the way.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for your response!

Enable Tooltip is enabled, and Status Effect is enabled in the Tooltip HUD. I am on the New UI GUI system type, but when the game is paused it doesn't seem like anything is interfering with it. I've tried moving the GUI Box to different GUI layers and to different parts of the screen, and so far nothing's worked. I also changed it so it's only one HUD element, and even that wouldn't display.

Any other suggestions?
  • I assume the Tooltip HUD is set up to be displayed in battles?
    That's the last thing I could think of.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!