edited December 2023 in ORK Support
Is it possible to remember dead combatants in grid battles when changing scenes or returning to the scene?

Current game design to see if it is possible:

1. Extraction looter where you select from your main base which battle scene to go to, in the battle scene you can go to other battle scenes and also return to the previous scenes (like entering a building and leaving a building), but if you killed enemies before entering the house they wouldn't respawn if you leave the house. (The enemies would be respawned when selecting the scene from your main base only)

I don't need this to be possible if I could just have 1 large battle grid scene with no other scenes to go to but I tested adding alot of combatants to the scene and even making them all do nothing unless I am within a certain range but everytime I add alot of combatants my wasd movement abilities take longer to work probably because it is looping through all of the combatants to see what their AI wants to do. If there is a way to make it so your movement isnt delayed the more enemies there are then that would make my game design possible. Alternative is just many scenes that remember combatant deaths.

I also noticed that you can have requirements for if an enemy is added to the battle and maybe this could be done with variables by changing variables when certain enemies die and so as long as the variable doesn't meet the requirements it will never come back when switching scenes and after you extract maybe reverting the variables to their original value so that they will spawn the next time you choose to go to that location from the main base.
Post edited by SagiSaks on
  • How are those combatants added to the scene? E.g. are they coming from Combatant Spawners or Add Combatant components or spawned via the battle?

Having 1 large scene, I assume you'd here have those different rooms/buildings as separate grids? In that case, only the combatants from the grid you're currently on should be in battle, so you can have your movement handling be limited to combatants in battle. The Enemies (Battle) type actor should already have only those combatants (enemies of the player or a defined other combatant) - you'd just need to store them into selected data via Select Combatant node (Use All Combatants enabled, scope Current and origin Combatant) to go through them one by one.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2023
    I figured out how to make the enemies not respawn when spawned by battle by using variables in the conditions.

Thank you!
    Post edited by SagiSaks on