JonJon
edited December 2023 in ORK Support
What determines what happens when a combatant dies in a Grid Battle?

In this scenario, my green character is casting a fireball that kills herself (green border), an ally (yellow border) and an enemy (red border) and the ally and enemy disappears but my character does not. This also happens when my characters are killed by the enemy. I want to change it to be consistent when either my player group combantant or an non-player group/ally/enemy combatant dies.

It might be hardcoded? I tried the 2D grid battle rpg sample. And when characters die, player group combatants play their death animation and remain, and non-player group combatants play their death animation then disappear. https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/2d-grid-battle-rpg/12-death-use-schematics/ has no mention of this behaviour.

This behaviour occurs whether there is a Death Animation Schematic or not (The death animation schematic plays before the disappearing happens).
Post edited by Jon on
  • I think I found it. Combatants > Combatants > General Settings > Battle Settings > Default Death Settings > Keep Prefab.

• The death settings (general settings for all, each combatant can override it in their own battle settings) handle the basic for death. Anything else can be done in the schematic used to animate death.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!