edited January 21 in ORK Support
Hiya! I'm looking to implement a feature in an active time battle scenario. Basically, when the timebar hits around 48% to 52%, and you hit a specific button, I want the character to receive a time boost, instantly jumping to 75%. I attempted to make this happen using the character's turn end/start schematic, but no luck so far. Any ideas on how to achieve this with Ork? Appreciate any suggestions!
Post edited by Anoo on
  • I'd use a Interactive Machine on the Player character that activates based on button click. In the schematic you can add a status effect that will change the time bar based on the range of the current timebar. This also gives the added bonus of letting it happen only once pre turn/round if you change a variable to disable the schematic while the status effect is active. You can use a hidden status effect to control a different variable so the button machine is only active while the timebar is moving.
  • edited January 22
    You can use the Change Action Bar node in a schematic (changes timebar in active time battles) to change the timebar to whatever value you want - combine this with a global machine (Base/Control > Global Machines for your input (and probably checking the combatant/player timebar for being in that window and the input).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks! I got it working! But now I need a little popup HUD which shows which button to push. I tried setting up a 'combatant' HUD, but the status conditions don't have the time bar. What would be the best way to check the time bar inclusive range so I can trigger this popup?
  • As with the node, the timebar is the same as Action Bar, so you can check it via status conditions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice, I got it working! Thanks