Hey there! I've installed the Compass Navigator Pro plugin, but I'm having trouble getting the schematic CNP nodes to function.

Here's what I did:

Installed the plugin.
Followed the steps on https://makinom.com/guide/extensions/plugins/compass-navigator-pro-plugin to add the plugin.
Tried using it in a schematic.
Is there anything else I need to tweak or set up to make it work?

Thanks a bunch!
  • Do you get any error or warning in the Unity console?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 31
    Nope, nothing. Does Makinom look for a specific tag or game object name?
    Post edited by Anoo on
  • No, the nodes use CNP's instance that's accessible via code, so no additional setup is needed here.
    As long as CNP is set up and running it should work fine.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Are you running the latest version of CNP? They did an update on Jan 3, 2024
  • Just did a small test with the latest version to show the unvisited beacons using CNP Show Beacon node, works fine, so there was no breaking change that'd stop the nodes from working.

Which node(s) aren't working for you?
  • Oh yeah, that one is actually working. The node that is not working is CNP fade out.
  • That one is also working on my end (fade in as well). All nodes work pretty much the same, i.e. access the CNP instance the same way.
  • Hiya, apologies for the delayed reply, I was feeling under the weather. Just to update you, the problem I'm encountering is with the mini-map; that one does not fade in/out. However, when I try the navigation bar, it does fade out.
  • Yeah ... also noticed that.
    Checked the code and there's no functionality to fade in/out the minimap like there is for the navigation bar.