I'm trying to implement a Slay the Spire-style poison, where the poison stacks into a counter, and each turn the target takes the number of stacks as damage. However, it looks like the stacking mechanism in ORK 3 is more of separate instances of status effect instead.

I suppose I can make a separate poison status value, make the poison effect not stackable but increment/decrement that, and damage the target per turn based on that instead, but this feels clunky. Is there a better way to implement this?
  • No, there's no other way - each effect is it's own instance, so each stacked effect is also it's own instance and deals damage.

For a setup like this, you already found the way to do it, i.e. have 2 separate effects, one for stacking and one for dealing the damage based on the stack (e.g. using the Status Effect Count value type for the status change, or a formula). The 2nd effect for dealing damage can be set to Hidden to hide that from the user, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Would be cool to have a merge type stacking with counter to simplify this, but I'll try this setup first!