edited March 26 in ORK Support
Hi,

Am trying to implement a Elemental Advantage System where a water attack will do 2x dmg to a fire pokemon. A water attack will do 1/2 dmg to grass type. I need to assign multiple elements to a pokemon. Like Charizard is a flying/fire type.
How can I do this?

Taking this a step further, a system where Slash attack does 2x dmg to armourType:cloth. and Piercing Attack Type does 2x to Leather.
How can this be implemented?
--
I created a BaseControl->DamageType: Fire/Water/Grass. Then assign abilities to the type in Status->Abilities. Assuming the key is in the damage formula. Not sure what that looks like.
Post edited by kickat3000 on
  • edited March 6
    This is handled by attack modifiers, which gives e.g. an element to an action, using the target's value of that element to change the damage outcome.
    See this documentation for details.

The documentation also covers defence modifiers, which work the other way around, i.e. giving the combatant an element (or whatever you want, e.g. size) and using the user/attacker's value for damage outcome changes.

They're e.g. used in the quickstar tutorials (e.g. here the 2D version) or the status system setup and 3D RPG Playground tutorial series - see here for an example setup.

The damage types are used for playing different types of animations when a damage occurs, e.g. a normal attack and a fire attack can cause different damage or evasion animations.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Defense Modifiers work with Water Type taking Water attacks. What if we need a Grass type that resist water, ground, grass, and electric? Do I need to add each modifier individually?
  • I'd say you need to use attack modifiers, not defence modifiers - the 'type' of the combatant would simply be managed by their attack modifier attribute values.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 9
    How do I change Attack Modifier on when an enemy is spawned? This will add some randomness to the spawn. I see Change Defense Modifier ID with no start value.

Can you give me an example of Defense Modifier being used in an RPG?
    Post edited by kickat3000 on
  • Attack modifier values are mainly changed by status bonuses - e.g. you can add random status bonuses to your combatants for that, like giving a random bonus to a certain attack modifier attribute or using one bonus out of 3 defined, etc.

The status system setup and 3D RPG playground series have a Size defence modifier as an example setup, e.g. combatants being small, medium or large.
    The weapons are set up to give bonuses (or maluses) to the wearer, so certain weapons work better against small enemies, while others work better against, large, etc.
    This is naturally just an example, you could also have something like Race or Element set up, with something on the attacker (e.g. equipment, a passive ability, status effect or just a bonus on the combatant) changing the damage it can do to the target of a certain race or element.