edited March 7 in ORK Support
I'd like to create a time system like Stardew Valley and simulate NPC movement around the map based on the time of the day. Instead of hard coding this, I'm trying to extend ORK3 to store reusable "Schedule" assets, which can then be assigned to NPC to tell them where to move to according to what time of the day it is. Shops can also have schedules to show when they are open, etc.

I looked at the plugin section and it doesn't seem like I can create new tabs or assets to store within the framework out of the box. What is the recommended way to extend the editor in this case?
Post edited by Flying_Banana on
  • ORK itself is an extension to the Makinom editor, so basically like that - check out ORK's editor code, the ORKMakinomEditorExtension class it what hooks it up. The whole thing is rather complex, though.
    Also, you'll not be able to add this to combatants without changing the combatant settings source code.

An alternative could be using Custom Schematics on your combatants (found in the combatant's Base Settings > Schematic Settings). They allow you to add schematics to the combatants that can be started by using a matching key in a Custom Combatant Schematic node in another schematic.
    E.g. set up a custom schematic with key '4pm' for something that should happen at 4pm and start that from your time-managing schematic when it's 4pm.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!